Members of the co-op can purchase discounted propane from Suburban Propane for delivery in Mendocino and Lake County. Recently, Suburban did two things that caught us by surprise:
* Raised the discounted price due to increased costs
* Removed the discount for members who were not current
We are now working better with Suburban Propane to smooth out our procedures.
Like everything else, we share the challenge of rising costs, but propane delivered with the co-op discount remains a good deal. About 200 co-op members save up to hundreds of dollars on filling their propane tanks. We have updated our Propane Club webpage with their new pricing information.
We have also resolved the process with Suburban’s customer service folks for ensuring that only co-op members in good standing receive the discount. Recall that co-op members must pay for $50 of equity in the past 12 months to be current until they reach lifetime full-share status at $300.
- If you lost your discount, you can renew at the co-op with the cashier or online using our Join or Renew webpage. For a short time, Suburban will retroactively resume your discount. After renewing your membership, email us and we will confirm your updated membership with Suburban.
- If you are a co-op member and want discounted propane, confirm your membership is current with a cashier or email us your name and member number. Once your membership is current, then contact Suburban Propane as suggested on our Propane Club webpage.
- If you want to become a co-op member to obtain the propane discount, then follow the process on our Propane Club webpage.
Thanks to Suburban Propane for working with the co-op to offer this membership benefit. And thanks to our many members who support the cooperative with their memberships.
Coastal Organics Cooperative, Inc.
dba Arena Market and Cafe